TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
- Roberto Clemente Day: The Nationals will honor Ryan Zimmerman, the team’s nominee for the 2012 Roberto Clemente Award presented by Chevrolet, before taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers at 7:05 p.m. MLB’s Roberto Clemente Award recognizes a player on each team who demonstrates on-field success as well as a commitment to service in the community. Clemente, a 12-time All-Star and Hall of Famer, died tragically in a 1972 plane crash while attempting to deliver supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua.
During the pregame ceremonies, Zimmerman will be recognized for his work through the ziMS Foundation, which is dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of multiple sclerosis. MS is a disease close to Ryan’s heart as his mother Cheryl was diagnosed with the chronic and unpredictable disease. Earlier this season Zimmerman was presented the 2011 Lou Gehrig Memorial Award, which is given annually to the MLB player who best exemplifies the philanthropic character of Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig off the field in addition to his prowess on the field. In addition to recognizing Zimmerman prior to the game in a special on-field ceremony, video tributes celebrating Clemente’s career and dedication to helping others will run throughout the game.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
- $5 Beer + Peanuts: Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a combination of beer and peanuts for only $5 at select concessions stands. Some restrictions apply, while supplies last.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
- Hispanic Heritage Night Presented by Coca-Cola: The Nationals will honor the contributions of the Hispanic community to baseball and society by hosting Hispanic-themed entertainment throughout the evening, including performances by Latin dance company DanceInTime and salsa band Orquesta La Romana. The night will also feature Hispanic music, trivia contests and prizes, as well as a pregame flag presentation and video tributes that honor Hispanic athletes who have made significant contributions to baseball.
For just $25, fans can purchase a special offer that includes a game ticket and a meal at El Verano Taquería at nationals.com/HispanicHeritage or at the Nationals Park Box Office on the day of game.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
- Opera Night at the Ballpark: The Nationals will showcase representatives of the Washington National Opera throughout the pregame ceremonies to celebrate the annual “Opera in the Outfield” event, which features a live opera broadcast of Don Giovanni at Nationals Park on September 29.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
- NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series Featuring Dierks Bentley: The NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series has been extended to include a FREE performance by country superstar Dierks Bentley after the Nationals face the Milwaukee Brewers. Bentley’s performance will wrap up the 2012 NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series, which also featured the stellar lineup of Big & Rich (June 2), The Wallflowers (July 21) and Third Eye Blind (August 18). The concert is free with every September 22 game ticket and will begin approximately 15 minutes after the game’s final out. Fans will also have the opportunity to purchase a field pass for just $20 at the Advanced Ticket Sales Window in Center Field Plaza when gates open on Friday, September 21 and Saturday, September 22, while supplies last.
- Team Poster and Early Bird Schedule Giveaway: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a team poster and early bird schedule.
- Pups in the Park: For the final time this season, Nationals fans and their canine friends will enjoy the Nationals-Brewers game from the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, which will feature representatives from the Washington Humane Society, NOVA Dog and Fetch! Tickets for the event are currently sold out.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
- Jerseys Off Their Backs: Fans will have the opportunity to win authenticated game-worn, autographed jerseys right off the backs of Nationals players and coaches as part of the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation’s annual Jerseys Off Their Backs fundraiser. From Tuesday, September 18 to Sunday, September 23, fans can purchase $5 raffle tickets at the Dream Foundation kiosk in Center Field Plaza or from roving ticket sellers for the chance to win one of 25 jerseys. Winners will be announced during the game on Sunday, Sept. 23. Participants need not be present to win. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Dream Foundation.
- Air Force Birthday: In celebration of the United States Air Force’s 65th birthday on September 18, Airmen from area bases will take the field as part of the Starting 8 and Gameball Delivery. In addition, more than 500 tickets will be donated to Airmen and their families courtesy of Alenia Aermacchi. Alenia Aermacchi will also donate $300 to the Air Force Aid Society for each save made by a Nationals pitcher after July 20th.
- Scout Day: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the final Scout Day event of the season. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch and participate in an on-field parade. For more information, visit nationals.com/scout or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
- Marines Celebration: The Nationals will pay tribute to the United States Marine Corps by welcoming more than 500 uniformed Marines to Nationals Park to see the team take on the Brewers. In addition, the Quantico Marine Corps Band will perform the National Anthem, the USMC Color Guard will present the colors and several Marines will take part in the Starting 8 and Gameball Delivery.
- $1 Monday: Fans will have the opportunity to buy hot dogs, peanuts and popcorn for just $1 each at select concessions stands and carts. Some restrictions apply, while supplies last.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.