MONDAY, APRIL 1
- Opening Day: The Nationals will commemorate Opening Day and the start of the 2013 season when the team hosts the Miami Marlins at 1:05 p.m. on Monday, April 1. The first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through Center Field Gate will receive an Opening Day Cap presented by GEICO. Nationals fans are encouraged to show their NATITUDE by wearing red and plenty of Curly Ws!
Emceed by Emmy Award-winning sports broadcaster and CBS News James Brown, the Opening Day pregame ceremonies will include:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by former Staff Sergeant and Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha
- Game Ball delivery by Admiral Sandy Winnefeld, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Lineup Card delivery by D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray
- National Anthem and America the Beautiful performed by the U.S. Army Chorus Quartet
- A giant American flag unfurled by members of the D.C. Air National Guard and the D.C. National Guard in the outfield
- Starting Nine featuring children of deployed service members
- Play Ball announcement made by Winthrop Roosevelt, great-great grandson of Theodore Roosevelt
- 2012 National League Awards Ceremony
- N Street festivities will include balloons and fire trucks adorned with a giant American flag
- The Nationals drumline will perform outside Center Field Gate
- The Kids Zone will feature caricature artists, face painters and a sign-making station
- "Scott's New Band" will perform at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk
Advance tickets to attend Opening Day are sold out, but fans can still purchase Standing Room Only tickets for $20 at nationals.com/tickets, or at the Nationals Park Box Office, while supplies last. Additionally, approximately 400 Grandstand seats will be available for $15 at the Main Box Office starting at 10:30 a.m. on the day of the game.* Fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal in order to enjoy Opening Day festivities.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3
- $1 Hot Dog Night Presented by Hatfield: Nationals fans will have the opportunity to purchase hot dogs for just $1 at participating NatsDogs stands until the start of the sixth inning. While supplies last, some restrictions apply.
- Taft: To celebrate the newest Racing President, relatives of William Howard Taft will visit Nationals Park and participate in the pregame ceremonies.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10
- $5 Beer and Peanuts Night: Fans will be able to purchase a beer and peanuts combo for just $5 at participating NatsDogs stands until the start of the sixth inning. While supplies last, some restrictions apply.
FRIDAY, APRIL 12
- U.S. Navy Day: As one of the five Branch Days this season, the Nationals will honor members of the United States Navy throughout the pregame ceremonies including:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by the Honorable Ray Mabus, Secretary of the Navy
- New sailors will take the Oath of enlistment
- Game Ball Delivery by YN1(SS) Derrick T. Neese, Office of the Chief of Chaplains, OPNAV Sailor of the Year
- National Anthem and God Bless America will be performed by members of the U.S. Navy Band
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
- Gio Gonzalez Bobblehead: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive a Gio Gonzalez bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. Fans will also have the opportunity to receive a bobblehead with the purchase of any Gio Gonzalez name and number jersey or t-shirt. Offer available at the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store only, while supplies last.
SUNDAY, APRIL 14
- Kids Opening Day Presented by Jr. Nationals Kids Club: The Nationals invite the team's youngest fans to help kick off the 2013 season by celebrating Kids Opening Day. In addition to a variety of kid-friendly activities including face painters and caricaturists, the team will host Signature Sunday presented by New Era and Kids Run the Bases.
- Screech's Birthday: Screech, the team's official mascot, will celebrate his eighth birthday. Fans can join Screech and his mascot pals from across the region, all of whom will participate in a pregame meet and greet session in the Kids Zone and take part in many fun-filled antics throughout the game.
- Pups in the Park: Back by popular demand, Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the first of four games that make up the 2013 Pups in the Park series. Fans and their pups will enjoy a special pregame Pup Parade on the field and a designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Washington Humane Society and NOVA Dog Magazine. Owner tickets are available for $22, while dog tickets cost $8 and benefit the Washington Humane Society. To purchase tickets, fans can visit nationals.com/pups or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
- Miller Lite Party Night: Nationals fans 21 and older can once again enjoy the popular Miller Lite Party Nights at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk before Thursday, Friday and Saturday home games. Party nights feature live music and $5 beer specials prior to first pitch. Starting at just $21, fans can purchase a Scoreboard Pavilion seat and receive a drink at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk Bar. Offer available online only at nationals.com/party. Some restrictions apply.
- Signature Sunday presented by New Era: Every Sunday, two Nationals players will sign autographs from on top of the Nationals dugout for approximately 20 minutes starting at 12:15 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. Weather permitting, subject to player schedules and timing.
- Kids Run the Bases: Following each Sunday game, kids ages 4-12 are invited on the field to run where their heroes play.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.
* One ticket per person, while supplies last.