Monday, May 27
- Memorial Day Presented by SAIC: In honor of our nation's service members, the Nationals will host the second game of the 2013 Patriotic Series when they open the series against the Baltimore Orioles.
In partnership with the U.S. Marine Corp (USMC) and Major League Baseball, the Nationals will join all MLB teams in wearing specially-designed jerseys and caps that utilize the digital camouflage design officially licensed by the USMC. The caps, produced by New Era as part of the MLB Authentic Collection, will be available for sale to the public at the Nationals Clubhouse Store starting on Friday, May 24. Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. and MLB Advanced Media, Inc., will each donate 100% of their respective net proceeds received from sales of the caps to Welcome Back Veterans, a program that addresses the needs of returning veterans and their families. The team mascots, including the Racing Presidents, will also wear their digital camouflage uniforms.
The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through Center Field Gate will receive mini American flags, presented by SAIC. In addition, SAIC will donate more than 500 tickets to members of the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) and their loved ones.
Pregame ceremonies will include:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by LTG Michael Ferriter
- Lineup Card Delivery by SAIC CEO Tony Maraco
- Starting 8 featuring TAPS children and mentors
- Play Ball Announcement by TAPS Founder Bonnie Carroll
The remaining games of the Patriotic Series include Independence Day on July 4 against the Milwaukee Brewers and Heroes Day on September 13 against the Philadelphia Phillies. For more information or to purchase tickets for the 2013 Patriotic Series, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
Tuesday, May 28
- Span's Fans: Nationals center fielder Denard Span will host "Span's Fans" before the team takes on the Baltimore Orioles. Span's Fans is a season-long program that treats children from single-parent families to a day of Nationals baseball. The group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Span as well as a special batting practice viewing, tickets and NatsBucks.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Due to anticipated increased holiday traffic on Sunday, May 26 and Monday, May 27, fans are encouraged to arrive at the ballpark one to two hours earlier than normal. In addition, fans should avoid driving in the vicinity of Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue as traffic will be impacted from Rolling Thunder events and the Memorial Day Parade. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.