Tuesday, AUGUST 6
- MLBPAA Heart and Hustle Award: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) will present Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond with the 2013 Heart and Hustle Award during pregame ceremonies. One player from each team will be recognized for demonstrating a passion for baseball and embodying the values, spirit and tradition of the game. Desmond, a 2012 All-Star, will receive the award from former Washington Senators pitcher Jim Hannan.
Friday, August 9
- Green Up Day: The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation will team up with Anacostia Riverkeeper to host the fifth annual Green Up Day. Dream Foundation volunteers will help rebuild natural barriers around lily ponds at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, remove invasive plant species, plant trees and clean up trash from the banks of the Anacostia River throughout the morning before heading to Nationals Park for lunch provided by Hard Times Cafe and Coca-Cola.
Presenting sponsor Waste Management will provide Bagsters® for the pick-up and disposal of all collected debris and will outfit the volunteers in Green Up Day T-shirts. Each volunteer will also receive a ticket to Sunday's game against the Phillies during Dream Foundation Weekend Presented by Waste Management. A select group of volunteers will be recognized for their work on the field during pregame ceremonies.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
- MedStar Health Youth Baseball Clinic: The Nationals will join MedStar Health in hosting the second MedStar Health Youth Baseball Clinic of the season, highlighting the importance of being active and maintaining a healthy diet. Local little leaguers will be invited to take part in the free clinics, which include hands-on instruction from Nationals coaches. Following each clinic, a Nationals player will sign autographs for kids in attendance. Each participant will also receive a lunch as well as four game tickets to a future Nationals game, courtesy of MedStar Health.
- Smithsonian Family Day: Nationals players will visit the American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery to help celebrate Smithsonian Family Day. During the event, the players will take part in a Q&A session before signing autographs and posing for photos with fans in attendance.
- Nationals Back-to-School Drive: Nationals fans are encouraged to donate new school supplies to benefit students in D.C. public schools. Donations will be accepted outside the Center Field Gate from the time gates open through the end of the second inning.
- Dream Foundation Weekend Presented by Waste Management: The community initiatives of the Nationals Dream Foundation will be celebrated at Nationals Park on Saturday, August 10 and Sunday, August 11. A select group of Green Up Day volunteers will be recognized for their work on the field during pregame ceremonies on Sunday.
Thursday, August 15
- Baseball Cap Giveaway Presented by Miller Lite: The first 15,000 fans ages 21 and over to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Nationals baseball cap. One promotional item per person, per ticket based on availability.
- IAVA Night Presented by Miller High Life: The Nationals will honor local military veterans as part of the annual Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) Night, presented by Miller High Life. Miller will host more than 200 veterans and their families to a pre-game BBQ where several Nationals players will be on hand for photos and autographs. Select veterans will also participate in pregame ceremonies. In recognition of the event, Nationals players and coaches will wear the team's patriotic uniforms featuring the Stars and Stripes Curly "W."
- DC Beer Week Postgame Beer Tasting: To celebrate DC Beer Week, fans ages 21 and over can enjoy an exclusive postgame party featuring a live band and various craft beer samples at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk. With the purchase of a $55 Scoreboard Pavilion ticket, fans receive a ticket to the Nationals-Giants game at 4:05 p.m., an entrance pass to this two-hour postgame event, unlimited beer samples, a Shake Shack burger and order of fries. For $30, fans who already have a game ticket can purchase a ticket for the postgame party only, which includes beer samples, a burger and fries. This event will begin approximately 45 minutes following the conclusion of the Nationals-Giants game. To purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/dcbeerweek.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.