Additionally, the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation will host their annual Jerseys Off Their Backs fundraiser throughout the homestand, giving fans the opportunity to win authenticated game-worn, autographed jerseys right off the backs of Nationals players. From Friday, Sept. 13 to Sunday, Sept. 22, fans can purchase $5 raffle tickets at the Dream Foundation kiosk in Center Field Plaza or from roving ticket sellers for the chance to win one of 25 jerseys. Winners will be announced during the game on Sunday, Sept. 22, and all proceeds will benefit the Dream Foundation.
Friday, September 13
- Heroes Day Presented by Leidos: The Nationals will pay tribute to all those affected by the attacks on September 11, 2001 when they host the fourth and final game of the 2013 Patriotic Series. The countless rescue, aid, military and law enforcement workers who serve our country every day will be honored as part of the observance, which will also include a variety of patriotic elements with various special guests in attendance. In addition, Nationals players will wear the team's patriotic uniforms featuring the stars and stripes Curly "W," and the first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive miniature American flags, presented by Leidos.
Pregame ceremonies will include more than 100 first responders from D.C., Maryland and Virginia, as well as:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by Lt. General Joe Lengyel
- National Anthem will be performed by the U.S. Army Chorus
- Lineup Card Delivery by Sherman Gillums, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Starting Nine featuring representatives from the Pentagon Memorial Fund
- Play Ball Announcement by Mark Sopp, CFO of Leidos
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
Saturday, September 14
- Pups in the Park #4: The last game of the 2013 Pups in the Park series will offer Nationals fans and their canine companions the opportunity to enjoy a designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring representatives from the Washington Humane Society and NOVA Dog Magazine as well as pet sitters from Fetch! Pet Care. The Nationals will also present the Washington Humane Society with a check for nearly $13,000 in proceeds raised from the dog tickets sold during the four Pups in the Park events this season. Tickets for this event are SOLD OUT, but fans can visit nationals.com/pups for more information.
Sunday, September 15
- Kids Run the Show: The Nationals will host the ninth annual Kids Run the Show Day, presented by The Washington Post, throughout their series finale against the Phillies. Children from across the D.C. area were invited to enter the annual contest in The Washington Post and The Express to win the opportunity to "Run the Show." Out of the hundreds of entries received, the Nationals selected 18 local children to learn about and experience the various gameday positions at Nationals Park, including junior in-game host, team photographer, public address announcer, junior in-game radio host and grounds crew member, among others.
- Peanut Free Day #4: The fourth and final peanut free game will offer fans with peanut allergies the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon at the ballpark in a peanut free environment from one of three Party Suites. Tickets for this event are SOLD OUT, but fans can visit nationals.com/groups for more information.
- Wounded Warrior Celebrity Softball Classic: The Nationals are proud to host the third annual Wounded Warrior Celebrity Softball Classic following the final Nationals-Phillies game of the season. Celebrities as well as Nationals wives, broadcasters and coaches will team up with members of the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team (WWAST) for a free postgame event designed to bring attention to the sacrifice and resilience of our military service members everywhere.
Fans who wish to attend the Celebrity Softball Classic must have a valid ticket for the September 15 Nationals-Phillies game. For each ticket purchased through nationals.com/celebritysoftball, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the WWAST. Tickets will also be available at the box office. For more information on the WWAST, visit www.woundedwarrioramputeesoftballteam.org.
Monday, September 16
- $1 Hot Dog Night Presented by Hatfield: Nationals fans will have the opportunity to purchase hot dogs for just $1 at participating concessions stands until the start of the sixth inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply. For more information, visit nationals.com/specials.
- K's for Kids Day Presented by Toyota: Toyota Dealers of Greater Washington will mark the completion of the second annual "Ks for Kids" campaign to benefit The Children's Inn at NIH by presenting a check for more than $45,000 to the organization during the pregame ceremonies. Throughout the season, Toyota Dealers of Greater Washington donated $37 - Stephen Strasburg's jersey number - to The Children's Inn at NIH every time a Nationals' pitcher threw a strikeout.
Tuesday, September 17
- Roberto Clemente Day: The Nationals will honor Ryan Zimmerman, the team's nominee for the 2013 Roberto Clemente Award presented by Chevrolet, before taking on the Atlanta Braves. MLB's Roberto Clemente Award recognizes a player on each team who demonstrates on-field success as well as a commitment to service in the community. Clemente, a 12-time All-Star and Hall of Famer, died tragically in a 1972 plane crash while attempting to deliver supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua.
During the pregame ceremonies, Zimmerman will be recognized for his work through the ziMS Foundation, which is dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of multiple sclerosis. MS is a disease close to Ryan's heart as his mother Cheryl was diagnosed with the chronic and unpredictable disease. In addition to recognizing Zimmerman prior to the game, video tributes celebrating Clemente's career and dedication to helping others will run throughout the game.
- Harper's Heroes: Bryce Harper will host his final Harper's Heroes event of the season before the Nationals take the field against the Braves. In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is a season-long program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park. The VIP experience includes a private meet and greet with Harper as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts and tickets to the game, complete with NatsBucks.
Wednesday, September 18
- Headphones Giveaway Presented by T-Mobile: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive Nationals headphones. One promotional item per person, per ticket, based on availability. During the game, fans can also stop by the T-Mobile Lockers in Center Field Plaza to get an inside look at Bryce Harper's locker and learn about T-Mobile devices and services. Starting September 18, fans can also tweet @Tmobile #Harper to receive a FREE digitally autographed photo from Bryce Harper.
- $5 Beer + Peanuts Night: Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a combination of beer and peanuts for only $5 at select concessions stands until the start of the sixth inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply. For more information, visit nationals.com/specials.
Thursday, September 19
- Air Force Day: The fifth and final Branch Day of the 2013 season will honor members of the United States Air Force throughout the pregame ceremonies. Additional details will be available in the coming days.
- Span's Fans: Nationals center fielder Denard Span will host his final Span's Fans event of the season before the team takes on the Marlins. Span's Fans is a season-long program that treats children from single-parent families to a day of Nationals baseball. The group will enjoy a private meet and greet with Span as well as a special batting practice viewing and tickets to the game, complete with NatsBucks.
Friday, September 20
- Pregame Beer Cask Event: With a valid September 20 game ticket, fans ages 21 and over can enjoy various craft beer casks on the Red Porch Patio starting at 4:30 p.m. The event will feature $10 beers from Flying Dog, Port City, Mad Fox, DC Brau and more. All proceeds will benefit the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation.
- Charter School Night: In celebration of the 10-year anniversary of Building Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the expansion of public charter schools in the nation's capital, the Nationals will welcome approximately 8,500 teachers and students for Charter School Night at Nationals Park.
- Carry-On Travel Kit Giveaway Presented by United Airlines: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a carry-on travel kit. One promotional item per person, per ticket, based on availability.
Saturday, September 21
- Team Poster Giveaway: The first 20,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a team poster/2014 preliminary schedule.
- Davey Johnson Tribute: In honor of his commitment to the Washington Nationals and his stellar managerial career, team manager Davey Johnson will be recognized during a special pregame presentation with a video montage highlighting his accomplishments and an award presented by President of Baseball Operations & General Manager Mike Rizzo.
- NatsLive Free Postgame Concert Presents Montgomery Gentry: The 2013 NatsLive Free Postgame Concert Series will conclude with a performance by Montgomery Gentry, one of country music's all-time greatest duos featuring Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry. The pair's new collection, the aptly titled Rebels On The Run, brings Montgomery Gentry fans back to the beginning but with a fresh attitude. Eddie and Troy's latest effort will likely be remembered as their best album since the two Kentucky boys first busted onto the national scene in 1999 with the defiant "Hillbilly Shoes." Since then, the hard driving duo has had 14 Top 10 singles, including five No. 1's, "Something To Be Proud Of," "If You Ever Stop Loving Me," "Lucky Man," "Back When I Knew It All" and "Roll With Me."
The concert is free with a valid September 21 game ticket and will begin approximately 15 minutes after the game's final out. Fans will also have the opportunity to purchase a field pass for just $20 at the Advance Ticket Sales Window in Center Field Plaza when gates open at 4:30 p.m., while supplies last. Some restrictions apply. Visit nationals.com/natslive for more information or to purchase game tickets.
Sunday, September 22 - FANtastic fanale
- Scotty McCreery: American Idol season 10 winner Scotty McCreery will present representatives from the Nationals Dream Foundation and its Youth Baseball Academy with a special donation during the pregame ceremonies as part of his ongoing efforts to support youth baseball. The ACM Award winning and Platinum selling Country Super Star will also perform God Bless America during the final game of the regular season. His new album, See You Tonight, is in stores October 15 while his current single, "See You Tonight," is available now on iTunes.
- Scarf Giveaway Presented by Coca-Cola: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Nationals scarf. One promotional item per person, per ticket, based on availability.
- Scout Day #4: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the fourth and final Scout Day event of the season. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch and participate in an on-field parade. For more information, visit nationals.com/scout or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
- Jerseys Off Their Backs: Fans will have the opportunity to win one of 25 authenticated game-worn, autographed jerseys right off the backs of Nationals players during an on-field postgame ceremony. Winners will be announced throughout the game, but participants need not be present to win. From Friday, September 13 to Sunday, September 22 at 2:00 p.m., fans can purchase $5 raffle tickets at the Dream Foundation kiosk in Center Field Plaza or from roving ticket sellers for the chance to win. All proceeds from the raffle benefit the Dream Foundation.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/.