SUNDAY, AUGUST 17
- Racing President Bill Bobblehead: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Racing President Bill bobblehead to add to their presidential bobblehead collection and wrap up the last game of the Pirates series.
MONDAY, AUGUST 18
- $1 Monday: Nationals fans will have the opportunity to buy hot dogs, peanuts and popcorn for just $1 each in select locations until the start of the sixth inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 19
- Tote Bag Presented by Kaiser Permanente: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals tote bag presented by Kaiser Permanente.
- Harper's Heroes: In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is a season-long program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park. The VIP experience includes a private meet and greet with Harper as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts and tickets to the game, complete with NatsBucks.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20
- U.S. Marine Corps Day Delivered by UPS: The fourth Branch Day of the 2014 season will honor members of the United States Marine Corps. The pregame ceremony will feature:
- Ceremonial first pitch thrown by General James F. Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Game ball delivery by Sergeant Major Michael P. Barrett, Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps
- Play ball announcement made by Lieutenant General Kenneth Glueck
- National Anthem will be performed by Quantico Marine Corps Band while 150 uniformed Marines line the field
- God Bless America will be performed by Lieutenant Colonel Roseann Lynch (ret.)
- Marine Corps Color Guard will present our nation's colors
- Starting eight featuring children of those serving in the Marine Corps
- Performance by the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon in center field
- Quantico Marine Corps Band will perform at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk before the game
- Nationals Toy Drive: Fans are encouraged to donate new, unwrapped toys during Nationals Toy Drive outside the Center Field Gate. The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and the Toys for Tots Foundation will distribute the collected toys to nonprofit organizations and hospital pediatric wards in the D.C. area during the holidays. Donations will be collected at the Center Field Gate from the time gates open at 4:30 p.m. until the end of the third inning.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 21
- Ian Desmond Bobblehead Presented by PNC Bank: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive an Ian Desmond bobblehead presented by PNC Bank when the Nationals host the Arizona Diamondbacks. Fans will also have the opportunity to receive a bobblehead with the purchase of any Ian Desmond T-shirt from the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store. This offer is ONLY available at the Nationals Clubhouse Main Team Store on the day of the giveaway, while supplies last.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- T-shirt Presented by American University: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals Curly W T-shirt presented by American University.
- Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex Visit: A group of Nationals players will visit the Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex at Children's National Medical Center prior to the game against the Giants. Players and manager Matt Williams will offer guidance on exercise and healthy eating to pediatric patients.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 23
- Black Heritage Day: The Nationals will join the Greater Washington Urban League (GWUL) in celebrating the contributions of African-Americans to the game of baseball and the community during the annual Black Heritage Day. This event was previously scheduled on the May 27 postponed game. As part of the event, several influential members of the black community will participate in the pregame ceremony, including:
- Lineup card delivery by Michael Akin, GWUL Board Chair & President, Reingold Link
- Starting nine featuring children from the GWUL's Kids
- Play ball announcement by George H. Lambert, Jr., GWUL President & CEO
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. To receive up-
to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/. The Silver Line is now running for Nationals fans from the Virginia area. New for 2014, MLB.com's popular At The Ballpark mobile app now includes an integrated Metro Trip Planner. For game tickets and more information call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.